Rollover To Zoom
Battlestar Galatica: Portraits From Galactica's Museum - Set of 4 Prints
SKU ID #375779
Venus. Mona Lisa. Adle Bloch-Bauer. Whistler's Mother. Dora Maar. To the list of iconic women immortalized in painted works, we add a quartet of steely beauties from Battlestar Galactica.
- Additional Details
- Dimensions: 18 x 24 inches
- Includes: 4 posters
- Made Of: 100 pound satin-finish paper
Artist Megan Lara has created portraits in the style of some acclaimed masters. They include:
- Kara "Starbuck" Thrace. With cigar in hand and a haunting gaze, the gifted Viper pilot is drawn in the style of Polish Art Deco painter Tamara de Lempicka. Tenebrism – the very pronounced use of chiaroscuro – adds dramatic effect.
- Sharon "Athena" Agathon. The second Number Eight Cylon embraces her young daughter Hera in our portrait, which takes inspiration from the highly ornamental Art Nouveau style of Austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt.
- Laura Roslin. The President of the Twelve Colonies takes on a ethereal glow that harkens to the photo-realistic style of French academic painter William-Adophe Bouguereau. She is shown seated in a stone throne, reading the Book of Pythia.
- Number Six. With her pale skin against the dark a curve-hugging dress and darker background, our seductive humanoid Cylon Number Six evokes comparisons to John Singer Sargent's portrait of Madame X.
Our Ladies of Galactica: Gallery Collection is presented as a set of four 18" x 24" art posters printed on 100-pound satin-finish paper.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought.