One Fifth Avenue (Book)
SKU ID #72553
In a city of 8 million where your zip code is as important as your handbag, comes a new novel by the New York Times bestselling author of Sex and the City and Lipstick Jungle, featuring a group of five characters living in a swanky New York City apartment building.
In this, her fifth book, best-selling author Candace Bushnell takes us inside the enclave of a wealthy, exclusive New York City apartment building where your worth is measured by the square foot and personal decorators are the newest accessory. Candace gives us five stories that all take place within the walls of the same Upper East Side co-op building:
- An actress of a certain age whose career is on hold returns to New York City after years away
- A gay art dealer who caters to the local socialites and is privy to all their innermost thoughts
- A Nuevo Riche family from the South who want to introduce their daughter into New York society no matter the cost
- A bored socialite whose workaholic hedge-fund manager husband may have something fishy going on
- A struggling author who just got a big break but might have to sell his soul for it
In Candace’s new novel the lives of the privileged that look so rosy on the exterior mask a darker underbelly of cutthroat rules, secret lives, and the constant pressure to stay on top.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought.